Monday, September 11, 2006

State Street

This past Friday I had the priviledge and the opportunity to go to State Street in Madison Wisconsin. If I remember what I heard correctly, State Street is the main street that runs through the Univserity of Wisconsin in Madison.

I went to state street for my society. What we do at state street, is we pair up into groups of 2-3 (its nice to have a guy along just in case) and we walk up and down the streets handing out tracks and witnessing to people. I am going to tell you right now, State Street was like nothing I had ever seen before. It was amazing! Just the opportunity to go and share the gospel was the amazing part.

Not only was State Street amazing, but it was also sad. As my roommate and I walked around (Daniel Brier was with us for a while as well) all I saw were kids my age getting drunk. Kids my age smoking. Kids my age doing things that kids my age should never do. I cannot tell you how many houses I passed with people drinking inside. It was so sad! These people were wasting their lives! And why? Just so they could get high for a little while. I wanted to ask why drinking was so cool!

My roommate and I passed a couple of guys walking to a frat party. Both had a couple of cases of beer. They looked like they had just won the million dollar "prize" and that they were off to have a good time. I was so sad when I saw that.

State Street is such a mission field. There are so many people there that need the Lord. This last Friday definitly put into perspective the verse "The harvest truly is great, but the Laborers are few". The harvest at State Street is HUGE! There are so many people there that need the Lord. Please pray for State Street. We could use your prayers. And if you are a MBBC student and you have never gone to State Street before I would recommend that you come out at least once. It will change your perspective on life and on spiritual things.

No comments: