Monday, November 27, 2006

My Vacation

First off sorry to all of you who are regular readers on my blog...I kinda didn't feel like blogging for a while and I didn't do it. So sorry its been a while since I last blogged.

My vaction was really awesome. I had a lot of fun with my parents and not so little brother. I got home on Monday night, much to the joy of my parents, and pretty much didn't do anything the rest of the night. Tuesday morning I got up early (5 am) and went to school with my mom. I was going to be teaching a lesson to a k-5 class at her school. That went well. I actually found out that paint is a very exciting thing for children of that age. By the time we finished with the paint, everything was a mess!!

Tuesday night I went to church and saw all of my beloved church family. It was a blessing to be there with them all. After church my friend Beth and I went to Denny's restaraunt which is right around the corner from my house. It was really weird though. The only time Beth and I ever went to Denny's was when my brother was working. My brother still wasn't home from BJU yet, so it was weird to be there without him.

Wednesdy I went to Danville Illinois, to pick up my little brother. He had traveled from BJU with my "big brother". It was nice to see Charlie (big brother) but at the same time it was weird. I hadn't seen him since this last summer, and I felt...I don't know. It just felt really weird. Went home with my brother (Nathan) and we hung out for the rest of the night and really did whatever we wanted. It was great.

On Thursday my cousin and his wife and 4 kids came to Illinois from Indiana to celebrate turkey day with my family and our aunt. It was great fun! Nathan and I ended up being babysitters the rest of the day. It was good though because Kevin and his wife were able to talk to my aunt and parents. I think it was a good day for all. I played football with Austin (my cousin's oldest son) and found out just how much I stink at the sport. I love to watch it, but playing it...no.

Friday I wend shopping with my mom. That was fun. We bought all these clothes and stuff and it was a blessing to have that time with my mommy. =) We got Gloria Jeans which was nice. I had been craving the stuff all week long....mmmm!!! =)

Saturday we went out of town to visit some relatives I haven't seen in like 3 years. That was nice to see them. Then we went and ate lunch with an old family friend. She lives in this awesome retirement center. I wish I could live there. Its nice! =) After we did our visiting and stuff we went back home and just spent the rest of the night being bums.

On Sunday I went to church and I played the offeratory on my violin. That was really neat. Its been a while since I have played in church. Then after church I went out to eat with my parents and my Uncle Bill from Chicago. Then I packed up my car and came back here.

All in all my weekend was wonderful. I had so much fun, and I miss my parents already! I only have 3 weeks or so left and then its back home for me!! =) I can't wait!

1 comment:

Noah said...

Glad you got to go home! BTW, nick name's spelled "Frosty" LOL Have a good rest of the semester and don't forget to finish out strong, both grade wise and spiritually! It's very easy these last couple of weeks to get so focused on your grades and tests that you forget the most important thing that will help us to stay focused: Christ!