Thursday, November 02, 2006

Randomness

So I was getting all over my roommate cause people don't update their blogs, when I myself don't even update mine. What kind of person does that? (Please don't answer that). So life is going well. I am reading a book by C.J. Mahaney called "Humility: True Greatness". Its a great book. I haven't gotten to far into it, but I would recommend it to anyone. One of the things that caught my attention was Isaiah 66:2. He talks about how Humility draws Gods gaze. One of my favorite quotes in the book is this "The person who is humble is the one who draws God's attention, and in this sense, drawing His attention means also attracting His grace - His unmerrited kindness." God wants us to be humble. This is an area that I feel I really need to work on. Sometimes I think that I don't have the humility that I should. I need to be humble enough to ask God for His help. So many times I want to do it myself because of my stupid pride, but learn that I can't. This last week that happened to me. I wasn't trusting God as I should and God brought me to the point were I broke down and had to beg for His help and His strength because I can't do it on my own! And when you give it over to God amazing things happen that you never thought possible and you think to yourself "Why didn't I give this to God earlier instead of trying to do it on my own? It would have been a whole lot easier had I done it His way the first time. Just somethings to think about.

So yesterday the coolest thing happened to me. There was this skirt at WallyWorld that I was secretly wanting but didn't have to 20 dollars to pay for it. I decided to wait and see if it went on sale. Everytime I went to Walmart it was never on sale. So on Tuesday night my really nice jean skirt got a rip in it. I don't think its fixable. I was so devestated. I had no idea what I was going to do for a jean skirt. So last night I went to Walmart and I decided to see if that jean skirt I have been wanting was on sale. I couldn't find it. So I kept searching and I found it on the sale rack for 7 dollars! 7 dollars! Isn't God amazing?? He knew that I was going to need that jean skirt and He knew that I couldn't afford 20 dollars for it, so He timed it just perfectly that it would be on sale when I needed it! I was so excited to say the least!

So I have to do my freshman platform for my major in like 6 weeks and I am starting to get worried to say the least. I don't know why I am. I guess its that whole "I can do it myself without God" thing, but I can't. I am trying to teach myself that I can only do it with God's help. And isn't that the truth. I have so much to do for this recital and I can't do it without His help. And then on top of that I have to play the cello a week from Sunday at church. Its not sounding to bad I guess, but I can definitely tell you that violin is what I should stick with.

Well I think thats all for now folks. Happy November and stay warm. Only 17 days till Thanksgiving break! We can all make! I know we can! So until lata...

3 comments:

Lisa said...

You're killin me smalls! :) You're too funny. Just thought I'd let you know!

shawna said...

haha...well i try just for you lisa!! =)

shawna said...

haha...well i try just for you lisa!! =)